Monday, November 21, 2011

Video Tutorial - Clean those grimy nibs and feeds

Well, I'll just apologize up front - My camera is horrible. It's the video-camera on my still-picture camera, which is severely outdated. I'd like to upgrade it soon, but right now it's not a priority, so... Sorry. :P

So, you're restoring this old pen, and you finally decide to knock the nib and feed out. Now you're presented with a wreckage of ink, 40-50 year old ink that is dried hard and crusty, all over the nib and feed. Fear not, there is hope for any nib! Especially if it's 14k, like the one in the video. Steel nibs can usually be made well again, but with a gold nib, you get them shining like brand new using this technique! Enjoy the video, and don't forget to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe. That way you'll be sure to never miss a video. :)



As always, feedback on the videos is much appreciated. Aside from the really bad camera footage, is there anything you'd like to see in the videos? And while we're at it - Can anyone recommend me a good camera, for under $200.00, that takes good macro shots and good video? Email me if you've got any suggestions. I'd love to hear them!

Don't forget to subscribe to my feed for all the latest updates and news!




Regards,
Tyler Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment