Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tutorial: How to package/box a pen for shipping

Finally, another video tutorial!

It's been a while since I've made on of these. But I finally got around to making this one.

In this video I will explain my preferred method for packaging a pen, so it arrives safely at it's destination. Enjoy!


Some final thoughts for you:

PVC: I do not recommend using PVC to ship pens in. A pen that is packaged as shown above is plenty protected from drops, and crushing blows to the box. PVC simply adds bulk to the package. Also, in international shipments, PVC can actually be mistaken for an explosive device while going through an x-ray machine. Not good. :)

Shipping pens in manufacturers boxes: Another method I highly advise against. Shipping a pen in it's original case is usually very uneconomical, as the boxes that manufacturers use are for looks, and not for efficiency. Often times the require up to twice as much postage to return, because of the huge sized boxes they require. Aside from that, I also feel that manufacturers boxes are not very secure for the pens. They normally allow the pen to jostle around, and I feel that is not a good thing...

Once again, I hope you enjoyed the video. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I would love to hear your suggestions and opinions!

Regards,
Tyler Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment